Reduce Project Failure Rates
According to PMI's 2017 Pulse of the Profession® report, 39% of organizations surveyed identified 'inaccurate requirements gathering' as the #2 reason for project failure. PMI research also reports that 64% of completed projects meet their original goals or business intent and that $122 million is wasted for every $1 billion dollars spent on projects due to poor project performance. Included in the top 10 reasons for this poor performance are a number of items where proper business analysis would have made a BIG difference.
The PMI Registered Education Provider Logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Hi there! I am Laura Paton, founder and CEO of ba.academy a provider of online on-demand professional training and coaching for project professionals looking to improve their knowledge and delivery of business analysis. I have been a working practitioner in the project space for over 30 years...yes 30! Over the course of this time frame, I have seen a huge evolution of the business analysis profession. I have worked across many different industries and contributed to projects of various sizes and complexities. It is the longevity in the space and variety of situations I have worked through that allows me the opportunity to bring an array of real-life project experiences into the classroom.
An Industry Thought Leader...
My most unique experience has been leading the development efforts of some of the top business analysis standards in use across the world today!
I have served in these roles:
For the Project Management Institute (PMI):
* Chair/author for The PMI Guide to Business Analysis
* Chair/author for Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide
* Harmonization Team Member for The Standard for Portfolio Management 4th Edition
* Subject Matter Expert Reviewer for Agile Practice Guide
* Reviewer for A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) 6th edition
For the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA):
* Chair/core team author for A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK® Guide) v3
* Project manager, BABOK® Guide v2
* Head of New Product Development 2011-2014, Product Manager Consultant 2018-2019
* Past chapter VP of Education and Professional Development (Raleigh, NC)
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has projected a 14% growth rate for the business analysis profession between 2014-2024. Coupled by the fact that business analysis is a top competency identified as a major contributor to project, program, and portfolio success - can you afford to misunderstand the business analysis profession any longer?
- Sonia Bellafiore, PMP, PMI-PBA®